Saturday 7 April 2012

8 Reasons why Rahul Dravid is my role model


I am obsessed with Rahul Dravid and consider him to be my role model but then I am not sure why I like him so much so this post will attempt to understand why I adore him so much, This will be a honest attempt, so lets see how it turns out.
Rahul Dravid
Let me attempt to write this point wise,
  • He is from Karnataka and has origins from Maharashtra, something very similar to what I am, I hence feel a strong connect. Should I be ashamed for stating this reason? Obviously no!
  • He is selfless and does not think twice to sacrifice for his team. I absolutely cherish this quality.
  • He has reached this position because of his discipline, determination and hard work and not because of any gifted talent or anything similar to that. Admire this quality.
  • Love the way he plays, technique is one of the finest in the international cricket.
  • The fact that he is a well read,quotes from history and is a avid reader even while he is busy.
  • The way he speaks, it is evident how humble and down to earth he is.
  • The fact that he hardly complaints! Even though he wasn’t comfortable keeping for the team and even opening but he did it without any complaints.  
  • The way he sets up a innings, its just classic way of doing it. More like a workman and I absolutely adore it. 
I presume that above 8 points would suffice to justify why he is my role model, and If I add more points to it I would only be repeating what I have already written.He has retired from International cricket today and it makes me sad but I am happy that he gave us so many good memories which make us proud that we follow Indian cricket. 
Thank you Rahul, there can never be any cricketer like you! 
~Rove2mushin~

No comments:

Post a Comment